Waterloo Water Works supplies water to the residents of Waterloo, Iowa. It is administered by the city administration and is just one of the many services offered by the city. Water Works aims to provide the highest quality water to the city’s inhabitants.
Applying for Waterloo Water Works Service
To apply for a service, the customers must first fill out an application for and submit it to the department. If you are the owner of the house, you are not required to pay any deposit. However, if you do not own the house, you will have to put down a utility deposit of $105. This deposit is refundable, but only at the time of termination of service. When you put in a request for closing the service, your final due amount is calculated and deposit will be adjusted against that amount. If you don’t owe anything, the deposit will be refunded in full.
Waterloo iowa city Water Works Payment Methods
Waterloo Water Works offers various payment solutions to its customers so that they can choose to pay the bill on their convenience cityofwaterlooiowa.com.
- By Mail: You can pay you water bill through mail. Just send your payment to Waterloo Water Works, P O Box 27, Waterloo, IA 50704.
- Auto Payment: If interested, you can also have your bills automatically deducted from the bank account each month the bill becomes due. This is a very easy and convenient solution, especially if you don’t have time to make the payments yourself.
- Drop Box: You can visit the Customer Service Center located on East Third Street and drop off your payments. You can also use the various paystations which are located throughout the city.
- Online: You can use the internet to pay your bills. Visit the website at officialpayments.com and use your credit card to pay your bill. A hassle free way to make the payments from your home.
To register for the service, follow the instructions below to sign up.
- Phone Payments: To pay through phone, call 1-800-272-9829 and follow the instructions. When prompted, enter the jurisdiction code as 2504. Payments are made through credit card.
If you find that there is something wrong with your bill, do not wait. Contact the respective authorities immediately cityofwaterlooiowa.com and ask for correcting the error as soon as possible. If you miss any payments, the waterloo Water Works will discontinue your service.
You Water Bill
You are issued one utility bill that will contain your charges for water, garbage and sewage. At the time of taking a connection, a water meter will be installed in your home which will measure the amount of water that flows through the water line in cubic feet. When calculating you water bill, the current water rate is multiplied by your usage. If your usage is below the prescribed quantity set by Waterloo Water Works for three continuous months, then you will be charged only the minimum charge. If usage exceed the prescribed limit, then you will be charged based on your usage.